cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Alternatives to XMLForm: what's the state of art?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:49:58 GMT
On 9/07/2003 15:32 Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com wrote:

> My question is: have you done this and incorporated this features
> from xmlform.org into the JXForm?

I don't know whether Ivelin or anyone else had backported any of the
xmlform.org changes into Cocoon CVS, be it in XMLForm or JXForms. I
don't even know whether xmlform.org can still be considered 'alive' - or
else maybe the implementation is considered to be finished. Either case,
I would strongly suggest to ask for a definitive statement about
merging/backporting or intentions to do this from the xmlform.or people,
since that code hasn't been developed inside the Cocoon community. I
understand this is a problem for current XMLForm users, but we cannot
support something which has no development community around it (that's a
neutral constatation).

With two other frameworks, JXForms & Woody, both supported by active
committers, even if a bit rough around the edges, I think we offer
decent diversity and choice for form handling in Cocoon.

HTH,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org