cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Coward <s...@atnet.net.au>
Subject access component manager from outside cocoon?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 02:48:01 GMT
Hi All,
    I am wanting to write a servlet filter that does some catch all
session management issues based on facts stored in user profiles in XML
format in my cocoon web application.

    Is there any way sensible way to access Cocoon or the
ComponentManager from another servlet/servlet filter? Currently I just
modified Cocoon.java to store a ref to the ComponentManager at startup
in the ServletContext, but it does not seem like an elegant solution to me.

    Any ideas/suggestions? Is what I am doing bad??

Thanks in advance for any answers,
Sam