cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon and Component Manager (was RE: protected vs private instance members (in Woody))
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:32:11 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Upayavira wrote:

<snip/>

>>That was me!
>>

>I know :)
>

>>When I converted the CocoonBean to use ModifiableSources, I needed to get hold of
a SourceResolver. As the bean isn't an Avalon component, it didn't have one itself. The only
place I could think of to get it was the Cocoon instance itself.
>>I'm quite happy to do this another way - all I need is to get hold of a SourceResolver
from outside an Avalon component. My Avalon knowledge is weak, so I am unaware of another
way.

>I don't condemn your changes, they are absolutely OK! I only took this as an example of
what could happen with an instance member usual intended to be private. Don't worry :)

Just to add my small POV of "the one that doesn't like public access"
(that's my role today) : adding a _public_ ;-)
Cocoon.getComponentManager() is ok since Cocoon used as a library isn't
really useful if we can't access the components that are inside !

Sylvain