cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: protected vs private instance members (in Woody)
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 22:31:17 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
<snip/>

>I hope this makes sense :) if not at all, we can revert it.

Not exactly; see Sylvain's response and in addition to it please recall
a vote about flow model "add only very necessary things instead of
adding all and everything you can think of" (majority agreed with the
vote). Parallel between this flow vote and java private/protected
members is easy to see: have everything private and open up only very
necessary stuff. And, preferably, open up via accessor methods.

Vadim