cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Generalizing the flow
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:00:27 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
<snip>

> Names are one of the most important things in design, since it's first
> through the names that a user goes into a set of classes. Bad names
> imply wrong understanding. Abstractions named after a particular
> implementation make other implementations look clumsy, since they
> don't fit into the name, even if they fit into the real underlying
> concept.

Fine. Would you mind demonstrating at least one alternative
implementation of "FlowEngine" and "FlowController"  so that the rest of
us can make a technical assessement of how well it "fits" if you intend
to make these name changes?

Even so, I really don't like your names. <map:call> made perfect sense
when calling a continuation or function (since they are actually
callable). I don't quite get what "calling" a "state" means.

Chris