cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Generalizing the flow
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 16:52:13 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Christopher Oliver wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>>> These somewhat minor changes will allow a greater variety of
>>> implementations of the Cocoon flow layer. And this is not only for
>>> the technical beauty of it, as there are a number of good reasons
>>> why we may want alternate implementations :
>>> - some people (talking about personal experience with some
>>> customers) don't want to write their controller in JavaScript. They
>>> want it in Java. Although a continuation-enabled Java is not yet
>>> available, solutions exist to write this using plain old Java.
>>

>> Sorry, but it's already been demonstrated that a Java flow
>> implementation is possible without any of these changes.
>

> Yeah, I know this. The Java I'm referring to is neither ATCT nor
> something based on Brakes, but "plain old Java" without any special
> feature.
>
> Sylvain

Then I don't undertand what you're talking about. It is not possible to
provide a "flow implementation" in the sense that I understand it in
"plain old Java". But I'm also not interested in pursuing this
discussion any further. There's a lot of work still to be done on the
current flow implementation, and what time I have I plan to spend on that..