cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [RT] Generalizing the flow
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2003 16:20:38 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> What is the more obscure :
> - "Intepreter" or "FlowEngine" ? "Interpreter" is something that
> interprets a language, and not something that drives the application flow.
> - "WebContinuation" or "FlowState" ? Continuations are a particular
> implementation of a way to store the flow state.
> - <map:call function> or <map:call flow> ? "function" is a related to
> entry points in a functional language. How does this relate to
> application flow ?
> - <map:call continuation> or <map:call state> ? Again, "continuation" is

> a particular implementation of the flow state.
>
> I really think the proposed changes better represent the real concepts
> behind the flow stuff rather than the current names which are more
> related to the particular implementation we have today.
>
> What do others think ?

Though my flow knowledge is not really existent, your argumentation has
convinced me, it's conclusive.

1. Cocoon is extremely pluggable and shall become more pluggable in the
future ("real blocks"), so why not the flow?

2. What shall be the difference between Flow and Event Listeners?

3. This is everything else than declarative:

>  var action = cocoon.request.getParameter("action");
>  if (action == "next") {
>    doNext();
>  } else if (action == "prev") {
>    doPrev();