cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: jxpath in XML comments
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:11:49 GMT
On 4 Jul 2003 at 11:53, Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Can you explain what you mean in more detail? As far as I can tell
> from your description, what you're trying to do should work.

Say I had this jxpath file:

<parameters xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0">
  <from>${from}</from>
  <to>${to}</to>
  <status>${status}</status>
</parameters>

And this SendPage:
sendPage("page.html", {"from": from, "to" : to, "status": status} );

Then you decide you don't need status, so it becomes:

sendPage("page.html", {"from": from, "to" :to} );

And you change your jxpath to:
<parameters xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0">
  <from>${from}</from>
  <to>${to}</to>
<!--  <status>${status}</status>-->
</parameters>

You'll get an error, as it can't find $status. So it is still trying to do a replacement,
even
inside the XML comments. I'm wondering if this is the intentional behaviour.

Regards, Upayavira