cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Move flow related "packages"
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:18:04 GMT
On 4/07/2003 16:40 Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> We already voted that flow is the very important part for the Cocoon and
> is stay in the core. Why sudden move?

I'm not suggesting to move anything 'out' of the core, but I'm reluctant
to move new stuff into the core build which isn't absolutely necessary,
especially now that we finally have a manageble and componentized build
system wth blocks and all that. So I'm +1 on the FOM and related core
flow stuff being added to the care, but would like to see some
consideration before simply dropping the PetStore in the core. Ditto for
JXForms to give some examples (but since XMLForm is already in its own
block , I guess jxform isn't exactly a problem).
JXTransformer/-Generator I don't know, except that it's quite some code.

A block is *not* a second-class citizen in Cocoon. It's a polite way of
providing people with they stuff *they* choose to use, and nothing else.
There's plenty of users out there who use the authentication-fw for
example, still it's a block.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org