cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Generalizing the flow
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:23:05 GMT
reinhard_poetz@gmx.net wrote:

>><snip/>
>>

>>>If we change this we have to change this too, don't we?
>>>
>>> <map:flow language="JavaScript">
>>>   <map:script src="flow.js"/>
>>> </map:flow>
>>>
>>>-->
>>>
>>> <map:flow engine="xyz">
>>>   <map:controller src="yyz"/>
>>> </map:flow>
>>>
>>>What do you think?
>>>

>>Although we can change the attribute of <map:flow> ("type" would be more
>>in accordance with other sitemap statements), it's content is actually a
>>Configuration object given to the chosen flow engine. For
>>type="JavaScript", it fully makes sense to list script files, but other
>>implementations could have a totally different configuration, including
>>class names.
>>
>>Note : that's why, at the start of flow discussion (a looooog time ago),
>>I wanted to put <map:flow> inside <map:components>, because this is
>>actually what it is : a component definition and configuration.
>>

>So you propose
>
> <map:flow type="JavaScript">
>    <map:??? src="flow.js"/>
> </map:flow>
>
>What element should replace ??? in your opinion? <map:controller ... ?

Either the current syntax (compat mode) or better, as the content of
<map:flow> isn't defined by the sitemap language :
  <map:flow type="JavaScript">
    <script src="flow.js"/>
  </map:flow>

And another implementation could use e.g. :
  <map:flow type="Java">
    <controller name="foo" src="com.company.app.FooController">
  </map:flow>

Sylvain