cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Generalizing the flow
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:11:06 GMT
reinhard_poetz@gmx.net wrote:

<snip/>

>If we change this we have to change this too, don't we?
>
>  <map:flow language="JavaScript">
>    <map:script src="flow.js"/>
>  </map:flow>
>
>-->
>
>  <map:flow engine="xyz">
>    <map:controller src="yyz"/>
>  </map:flow>
>
>What do you think?

Although we can change the attribute of <map:flow> ("type" would be more
in accordance with other sitemap statements), it's content is actually a
Configuration object given to the chosen flow engine. For
type="JavaScript", it fully makes sense to list script files, but other
implementations could have a totally different configuration, including
class names.

Note : that's why, at the start of flow discussion (a looooog time ago),
I wanted to put <map:flow> inside <map:components>, because this is
actually what it is : a component definition and configuration.

Sylvain