cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [Flow] Serious problem with cocoon.getComponent(id)
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:14:01 GMT
Sorry, but the fix suggested in that thread is not correct. The problem
is that the "cocoon" object with the null component manager is an
invalidated reference to another user's instance. This is clearly a bug
in the flow implementation. By storing the componentManager itself in a
global variable you are merely working around the bug.

When looking up global variables normally Rhino looks in the "lexical"
scope of a function (i.e. it uses the global variables present when the
function was compiled). Rhino has an option however to compile with
"dynamic" scopes. This means that global variables are looked up in the
context of the function's caller instead of the lexical scope. This is
what we use in Cocoon, in order to support multiple users. Each user
thread has its own dynamic scope (and its own instance of the "cocoon"
object). In between calls to your script the "cocoon" object is
invalidated (among other things its component manager is set to null).

I recently fixed a problem where the dynamic scope was not being set up
properly when a script was executed. Can you please verify that
rhino1.5r4-continuations-20030605.jar is in your classpath and
rhino1.5r4-continuations-20030323.jar is not.

Of course, it's possible that there is an additional problem here that
needs to be debugged.

Regards,

Chris