cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.1beta1
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2003 14:06:51 GMT
On 2/07/2003 15:44 Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> I'd be more in favor of a new milestone, since the current discussion on
> FOM is about APIs.

+1

I went looking, but couldn't find back a reference to me asking "why the
fuzz of suddenly jumping from milestones to betas" - although I vaguely
recall myself posting such a thought. Anyway, here you are. :-)

IMHO, 'beta' should mean dependable code with possibly bugs. 5 days
won't get us there, I believe.

So +1 on M3 anytime soon, -0.5 on beta1 before FOM is considered
finished and people got actual quality time with it.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org