cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [Flow] Calling internal-only pipelines
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:47:06 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>on 6/27/03 11:48 AM Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>>As for implementing this, I planned to look into this today.

>In short, the flow ends up emulating a request as it came from the
>outside, while it should emulate it as it came from the inside (as the
>cocoon: protocol does)
>
>Now, the change between process() and processInternal() is not that
>trivial because the second returns a ProcessingPipeline while the first
>returns a boolean and I have no clue on what I should do with that
>pipeline, expecially regarding how to setup the environment and all
>those things.

See SitemapSource, init() method and toSAX method... It might help.

>Looking around the code I found the following code
>
> Object processKey = CocoonComponentManager.startProcessing(newEnv);
> try {
>   if (!this.internal) {
>     processingResult = usedProcessor.process(newEnv);
>   } else {
>     ProcessingPipeline pp = usedProcessor.processInternal(newEnv);
>     if (pp != null) pp.release();
>     processingResult = pp != null;
>   }
> } finally {
>   CocoonComponentManager.endProcessing(newEnv, processKey);
> }
>
>in o.a.c.Environment.ForwardRedirector, can anybody explain what the
>hell does it mean that the processing results depends on the result of
>releasing the processing pipeline?

It does not depend on release; you can swap those two statements.

AFAIU, according to the "FIXME - What to do here?" and due to the fact
that pp.proces() is not called, this piece does not work -- which means
that forward (or where this redirector is used?) to internal pipeline
should not work.

Vadim