cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Foster <retso...@fastmail.fm>
Subject [Q] Saxon XQuery Block
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:38:50 GMT
Now that Saxon 7.6 (and higher) has been released with XQuery support,
I'm wondering whether it would be possible to quickly create an XQuery
generator/transformer?  According to the documentation:

> Rather than using the query processor from the command line, you may
> want to include it in your own application, perhaps one that enables
> it to be used within an applet or servlet ... There is currently no
> standard API for XQuery, so I have invented one. It is fully described
> in the JavaDoc included in the download: look for the package
> net.sf.saxon.query. The starting point is the class QueryProcessor.

Last I knew there were no problems having both Xalan/Xerces and Saxon
in the cocoon/lib directory, so the only thing needed would be a small
wrapper around the Saxon functionality and everything should work.

Is there anyone out there who could through together a quick "XQuery
Block" skeleton?  Given some skeleton code I can try to be useful, but
I'm too out of practice to get the ball rolling.

Jason Foster