cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject [RT] Woody and round trip of parameters.
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:07:04 GMT
Hi:

I had a concern about how to manage parameters that are flying between the
server and the client.

It will worth if we have an attribute in the form that define when we are
waiting or not for a parameter back from the user?

I know woody has some formulas, I was not full review woody. :)

I was thinking in some type of "formulas" or "equations" that we can send
to woody and let woody calculate them. ie: a tipical invoice
(master-detail):

Date: 29-jul-2003    N° 2300
Client: Cocoon

Quantity Item   Unit Price          Amount
2        pen        $1.00             2.00
1        pencil     $0.50             0.50
                         Subtotal:    2.50
                         Shipping:    1.00
                         Total:       3.50

Here we have some fields that are sended from the model (amount, subtotal,
total), but we dont need it back from the form.

Is there a way to define this thing. Also a way to define what we need
back and what not.

This can helps to improve the performance of form handling.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo