cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Cocoon and OJB with JDO.
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:30:06 GMT
Hi Cocooners!

I am currently working trying to use OJB with Cocoon. I already wrote a
simple example and I invite you to see it at wiki. :=)

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=OJBWithJDO

Please note this is a first attempt to use an alternative project to
Hibernate. I choosed OJB because it is under the Apache umbrella. This
simple fact will allow us to integrate it in Cocoon. The problem with
Hibernate it the LPGL. :(

My idea is that we can build a OJB block and make the life easier for
people building database webapp. this block can be easily used with Flow.
I am looking for it.

The OJB can be used as the "model" of the MVC design paradigm. Currently
we are working in the Controller, called "Flow". An for the View we have 2
candidates Woody and JXForms.

I will keep working on this stuff and post to the list the results of that.

Of course, I am not too smart ;)
I need to thanks to Ricardo Rocha for the advise:

              "Forget XSP and check JDO"

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.