cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Comparing Woody & XMLForm : towards a unified form handling (long)
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:57:22 GMT
Bruno Dumon dijo:
> [an obvious improvement would be to make the binding also part of the
> javascript-form-wrapper, so that you don't have to load the binding
> yourself and can use form.load(object) and form.save(object)]

This would be better if we can also attach a Bean here! I would allow to
"speak" to a Database using OJB. A scratchpad of how it would be:

We have a Bean filled from a database using OJB.

Then we can use:

function form2(form, myBean, bindingURI) {
  var document = loadBean(myBean);
  var binding = loadBinding(bindingURI);

  binding.loadFormFromModel(form.form, document);
  form.show("form2-display-pipeline");
  binding.saveFormToModel(form.form, document);
  fillBean(document, myBean);
  /* We catch the Bean --> use OJB to store to DB */
  cocoon.sendPage("form2-success-pipeline");
  form.finish();
}

loadBean(myBean);  /* Load the Bean to a document */
fillBean(myBean);  /* Fill the Bean from the form retrieved values */

This is just an initial idea. Currently I am trying to understand the OJB.
I have already a simple demo using OJB-JDO. My next step is try to build a
simple interface to interact with Woody.

I am very glad with the steps Woody is currently doing! I hope soon we
will have the "glue" between OJB-Woody.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.