cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Woody and round trip of parameters.
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:28:16 GMT
Sylvain Wallez dijo:
> I guess Antonio is talking about computed fields. For example, the
> "subtotal" above is the sum of all "amount" fields. Amounts are
> read-only, and subtotal is a fake field that has no binding to the
> application data model.

Yep. This is the idea. Also note this type of fields we does not need to
send back to the server. We can see an overall performance improvement
when saving network resources.

> I'm wondering if "read-only" is a property of the binding or of the
> field itself. It should be on the field, since it changes both the field
>  rendering and it's handling of requests (it should not be parsed).

Right. It is a field related thing. Maybe in the final transformer we can
change the aparence of a field when it is a read-only.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo