cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Woody and round trip of parameters.
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:22:23 GMT
Bruno Dumon dijo:
> On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 15:07, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> I had a concern about how to manage parameters that are flying between
>> the server and the client.
>>
>> It will worth if we have an attribute in the form that define when we
>> are waiting or not for a parameter back from the user?
>
> do you mean something like read-only fields?

Yep, read-only fields. As a read-only field we does not need to send it
back to the server since the fields are no persistent at all.

>> I know woody has some formulas, I was not full review woody. :)
>>
>> I was thinking in some type of "formulas" or "equations" that we can
>> send to woody and let woody calculate them.
>
> sending formulas to woody? Me understand not :-)
Aha. For example in the invoice example (below) some fields are formulas
(not persistent):

Amount = Quantity * Unit Price;
Subtotal = Sum(Amount);
Total = Subtotal + shipping;

As this kind of info is more related to the form than to the model. I
think woody can handle this.

What you think?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo