cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <o...@wlkp.org>
Subject Hibernate vs. OJB
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 07:49:35 GMT
Has anyone got any experiences? I am a complete "persistence layer newbie",
but I'd like to start a project using either Hibernate or OJB. After 15
minutes of googling I got:

http://www.freeroller.net/page/ceperez/20021213#why_i_don_t_like
http://www.porterhome.com/roller/page/matthew/20021212
http://www.freeroller.net/page/ceperez/20021212#why_hibernate_is_better_than

which point out that Hibernate is better (got more options, provides a better
control of what is going "inside").

The advantages of OJB mentioned in previous posts are:
1. Licensing termns
   Hibernate is LGPL which makes it impossible to include in cocoon

2. OJB uses standard JDO API while Hibernate got it's own API

Both of the facts are not connected with the libraries' functionality at all.
Maybe I do not get a big picture here but I think that functionality is what
matters the most.

regards
	LG