cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira">
Subject Re: Ant task using CocoonBean (was Re: New CLI, twice as fast :)
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 15:33:09 GMT

> the first is the easier, and both can coexist nicely in your task
> implementation (I think it just makes sense for people having an
> xconf file already, and as explained it could simulate the second
> approach by using the echo/@file trick)

Okay. I'll see if I can do the first, until we can work out the rest.

> I read some on the wiki page now, and start to see more of the
> light even

> but putting some effort in now: (rough cut thoughts below)
> approach 1/ similar hack from the echo task:
> anything that is inside your ant-task as free text will be
> reported to you by void addText(String theNestedText)
> (possibly called multiple times based on the underlaying SAX
> characters() event I guess... plus, you should make sure the
> ant-properties get replaced)
> so easiest is to go for stealing what the echo-task is doing:
>      /**
>       * Set a multiline message.
>       */
>      public void addText(String msg) {
>          message += getProject().replaceProperties(msg);
>      }
> check the full code here:
> catch: for ant to ignore the nested XML of your 'text' you will
> need to declare the <![CDATA[ ...  ]]> around the nested xconf stuff
> after these addText calls your task will have a String containing
> the text (with all properties substituted)
> wrap it up in a StringBufferInputStream and hand it over to a
> DOMParser to get your DOMTree
> pass that to the processXConf and let your magic do its job...

> approach 2/ reusable nested-xml-conf datatype
> please let me think some more...
I'm afraid I find both of these a bit hacky. Let's wait until we can come
up with a decent way of doing it.

It won't be until next week that I'll stand a chance of having a go at
this, so you've got some time to come up with your DOM approach!

Regards, Upayavira

View raw message