cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Allow non-Cocoon elements in sitemap?
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:15:09 GMT
Hi,

Currently, if the treeprocessor encounters any nodes outside the
'http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0' namespace, it throws an exception.

I would like to modify this behaviour to simply ignore non-Cocoon
elements.

My use-case is that in Forrest, I'd like to document our numerous
sitemaps with some embedded XML:

<map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0"
             xmlns:doc="http://apache.org/forrest/documentation/1.0">

  <x:doc>
    <x:desc>
      'faq' pipelines.  Implements source XML, body HTML and output PDF pipelines.

      Handles different FAQ DTD versions by sniffing the DOCTYPE, and
      applying an appropriate transformation.
    </x:desc>
    <x:generates>
      Source XML, body HTML, output PDF
    </x:generates>
    <x:example href="http://localhost:8888/faq.xml">Source XML for FAQ</x:example>
    <x:example href="http://localhost:8888/body-faq.html">Body HTML for FAQ</x:example>
    <x:example href="http://localhost:8888/faq.pdf">PDF of FAQ</x:example>
    <x:usedby>sitemap.xmap, which binds these generic pipelines to URLs.</x:usedby>
    <x:uses>content/xdocs/**.xml, depending on URL binding.</x:uses>
  </x:doc>

And perhaps some Ant-like 'description' attributes:

<map:match pattern="abs-linkmap"
  x:description="site.xml with @href's appended to be context-relative.">

With the option of taking this to silly 'literate programming'
extremes :)

Anyone mind if I make this (one-line) change?

--Jeff