cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: Woody complex multipaged form
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:15:25 GMT
Leszek Gawron <ouzo@wlkp.org> observes:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 10:33:24AM -0600, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > Your idea is very important. And I think currently Woody
> does not have
> > something like that. I think the "picker" is in database
> applications
> > terminology is called "browser".
> >
> > It would be cool to integrate this idea.
> It would be the best if more than one woody form instance
> could be present in the session at the same time. This way
> you can separate the picker/browser implementation from the
> form main itself so it can be reused (for example in reports
> you reuse customer/product/representative picker a lot)
> 	LG

If you don't mind a restriction (don't know how big?) on what browsers
you can use the easiest way to do this is with <iframe>.  Each iframe
becomes a separate request back to Cocoon (and can have it's own model).
You can use this to implement "popup" widgets that don't require a
separate window if you're willing to use JavaScript.  For compatibility
you can then fall back to new windows for browsers that don't support
iframe.  But for any of this to work I think you need JavaScript?

We also use iframes to support types of composition of widgets, in
particular, forms within forms...