cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: [RT] Webdavapps with Cocoon
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:06:21 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino <gianugo@apache.org> writes:

> Having these advanced "xml-rpc" capabilities would men a hell
> of a lot
> for Cocoon NG: as one of my bosses pointed out this morning, this is
> exactly what would be missing to use Cocoon as the perfect EAI tool
> (yes, I know that you don't give a damn about EAI, but this is a
> scenario where Cocoon would just *rock*).

It has also occurred to me that Cocoon could play in the EAI arena,
we're doing a bit of that now.  Strangely enough this could also tie a
bit into the current Woody binding discussion: being able to compose
data source mappings with transformations and validations tied to them
is also something you want in a complete EAI tool.  No presentation (in
the normal way), but the back end half of the data acquisition is
essentially the same thing...