cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: [RT] Less is More, Finite State Machines and Balkanization
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:34:29 GMT
Christopher Oliver <res1cf5x@verizon.net> writes:

> If you look at BPEL4WS more closely, you'll see that it is itself a
> procedural programming language with XML syntax.

I think you're being overly charitable. BPEL4WS seems to be a mish mash
of just about everything likely including the kitchen sink (though well
disguised).  Some of it appears procedural in nature (eg. the
sequencing) but calling it a "language" is a stretch?  In any case,
we're not using BPEL4WS directly.  We've been modeling some of our
syntax and semantics to match up with it.  However, much of it's
overkill for what we are currently trying to do; we currently only need
to model internal flows and not extranet types of flows (though that
will change)...