cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From reinhard_po...@gmx.net
Subject Re: [Vote] Move flow related "packages"
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:10:24 GMT
> reinhard_poetz@gmx.net wrote:
>
> >From: Steven Noels
> >

> >>It's some 120K of code being added to the core. Syntactical sugar for
> >>the flow in the sitemap is essentially orthogonal to
> >>JXTransformer/-Generator (and agreed upon IIUC), but moving this into
> >>its own block might grow a better community wrt. documentation, coherent
> >>samples and support.
> >>

> >After sending the mail I thought the same. So I'm +1 that  the
> >JXTemplateGenerator/Transformer, all flow examples, the flow
> documentation
> >and the Petstore go into this new "fow" block.
> >

> We already voted that flow is the very important part for the Cocoon and
> is stay in the core. Why sudden move?

I know that there has been a vote on this. Here we talk about additional
stuff and cocoon.jar is already very large. On the other hand this additional
stuff gives you "a first impression" on what control flow is about and if we
put it into a block it may appear less important. And this additional stuff
(JXTemplateGenerator) is at the moment the best way to implement the view of
flow applications.

So my conculsion: IMO we should discuss these things after a release because
the 14th (beta1) is very close and the upcoming blocks will change a lot. So
Vadim you are right, we should respect the result of this vote and change
things in the future and not now (=until we released 2.1).

Cheers,
Reinhard