cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT] the value of being wrong
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:07:38 GMT
Andreas wrote;
> Nature and evolution has proven that many times.
> Even now we are often surprised that the behaviours and structures of
> all creatures on this earth serve a certain purpose which has been
> developed over the time.
> It was not carefully planed as a perfect world from the beginning on
> because then all creatures would have been unchanged since then.

And >99% of all spieces has died off over the years.

OT:
Very interesting series running on Discovery (at least in Asia) right now,
"The Future is Wild", which discusses evolution from now into the future
(where humans "left the planet due to nature's violence").
Funny to see how scientist speculate.
"Last Mammal (100million years) a small squirell like creature, bred/fed
by spider colonies for food."
"No birds - Flying fish takes to sky."
"Squid descendents on land."
"Slime like life - advanced virus type using others DNA."
And even wilder speculations.