cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT] The perfect repository might be just under your eyes
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:01:20 GMT

All very funny and well thought of, but since noone else throws sand in
your machinery, let me... (as usual).

Stefano wrote;
> But think about it:
>
>   /document
>
> is the full document
>
>   /document/html/body/p
>
> is the content of the p node, so
>
>   echo "whatever" > /document/html/body/p
>
> changes the content of the node! right from the command line. You can
> use symlinks to share content between your document!!! you can have ACL
> at the node level!!! just write an xgrep and you are able to do xpath
> searches from the command line! just add an XML parser and you are able
> to do something like

So I have in the node 'body' the following nodes;

Which node gets the "whatever" in your example above?

What you are trying to say (I think) is that the FS needs the whole XPath
spec, not only ways to treat XML documents as filestructures, right?

But I must admit. Very ELEGANT per se, and shows how much an incredible
design (FileSystem) can be stretched, 30-40 years into the future.

Niclas