cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Woody] New tag <wd:hotkey> -> Re: Woody and user help....
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:19:06 GMT
On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 12:08, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Marc Portier dijo:
> > without much thought the hotkey seems to be more of a Template
> > thing, no?
> >
> > although it probably relates to the label... have to think some more
> >
> > in any case (my client side js-knowledge is limited) can you
> > actively do something with this access-key knowledge in HTML forms?
>
> Hi:
>
> This is not about js. This is very easy to implement, since HTML 4.01
> there is a attribute:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.9.1
>
> as long as I know XHTML 1.0 has the same attribute.

I just tried this out, and it works nicely indeed (at least in mozilla
and IE).

I'm currently thinking to make it something like this:

<wd:label accesskey="x">....</wd:label>
<wd:help href="...">...</wd:help>

Everything (including the accesskey) would be i18n-able using standard
i18n-transformer techniques.

The purpose of the href in the wd:help is if you'd rather (or
additionally) have help opened in a different window.

If you want to use different labels in a certain view (template) you can
of course simply ignore the labels specified in the form definition.