cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject xpointer schemes namespace
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:03:58 GMT
Hi,

I'm working on a new xpointer scheme to allow streaming inclusion of a
part of another XML file. It will allow things like:

test.xml#xmlns(c=X)c:elementpath(/html/body)

Which will include the content of the /html/body tag without requiring
building a DOM.

The xpointer framework spec requires custom schemes to be in a namespace
(the X in the above example), so I propose to use:

http://apache.org/cocoon/xpointer

which follows the same format as our other namespace URI's.

I'm posting this here FYI, since in a previous discussion it was kind of
agreed upon to announce the introduction of new namespaces.