cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Guido Casper" <gcas...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Re: Improving (?) the RequestGenerator
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 10:47:49 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> Guido Casper wrote:
>
>> I want to extend RequestGenerator so that request parameters which
>> names start with "html:" are parsed (very much like it already
>> parses request parameters which names start with xml:" see:
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105174146229060&w=2
>> ) but with JTidy.
>>
>> This would allow easy integration of HTML editors like "htmlArea"
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/itools-htmlarea/
>> into the sitemap.
>>
>> I already submitted a patch to bugzilla.
>> I'm however unsure where this RequestGenerator should go since it
>> has a dependancy on JTidy. Maybe it should be renamed and go in the
>> HTML block besides the HTMLGenerator. But it doesn't really make
>> sense to have 2 RequestGenerators.
>
> I'm wondering whether it would be better to extend the HTML generator
> instead so that it accepts not only html files as external sources but
> also as a POST inputstream and/or request parameters. I tend to think
> that this is the cleanest solution.

Like the StreamGenerator does for posted XML? But wouldn't this restrict you
to have to pick a single request parameter to feed into the pipeline, while
I would like to have all parameters?

> Besided, we have ready (uncommitted since it seemed to me not that
> generally useful) an HTML transformer, getting content coming from a
> generator as HTML excaped (&lt;html&gt;) and converting it to XHTML
> using Tidy: we are using it for HTML taken from a blob on an rdbms. If
> there is any interest for that, I'd be glad to commit it.

This would indeed make the patch to the RequestGenerator (and to the
HTMLGenerator as well) redundant :-)

Guido

Guido Casper
S&N AG, Competence Center Open Source