cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Guido Casper" <gcas...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Re: [RT] Webdavapps with Cocoon
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:49:09 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

<snip/>

>>> this stuff sounds like flow integration on a separate section of the
>>> uri-request-space?
>>
>> I totally agree. i think it would be fairly easy to implement a full
>> dav stack with flowscript and a few java components that wrap around
>> a repository (could be as simple as a file system)
>
> Then again, you're not talking about integrating WebDAV into Cocoon,
> but just give some hooks (something that can be done pretty much now
> already) to make webdavapps using flow. Now, while flow surely rocks,
> I feel that WebDAV support, as an HTTP extension, should be reflected
> in the sitemap too.

Please let me add that a major difference between a webapp and a webdavapp
is that (as Stefano already pointed out) we don't control the client side.

A webdavapp is always stateless on the server as the (fat) client manages
the state. So it should be possible (and more maintainable in the long run?)
to build a webdavapp in a mostly declarative fashion.

Guido
--

Guido Casper
S&N AG, Competence Center Open Source