cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <con...@paradise.net.nz>
Subject RE: [Vote] Controller/Sitemap integration
Date Sun, 20 Jul 2003 03:51:04 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

> <map:pipeline>
>  [...]
>  <map:continue type="petshop" id="{1}"/>
>  [...]
> </map:pipeline>

I think it's a potential source of confusion to have "id" attributes which
are not of type ID (i.e. they are not unique identifiers of elements in the
sitemap). Of course, I realise that "id" is just an abbreviation for
"identifier", and that it's purely conventional that "id" attributes are of
type ID, but I think we should respect this very common convention because
doing so will lower the cognitive burden for people learning Cocoon flow.
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#id

Similarly, a newbie might expect a "state-id" attribute to be of type IDREF,
which is a mark against it IMHO. http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#idref

And again, that's why I think "src" would be a poor name for the same
attribute, because an attribute with this name would conventionally contain
a URI. http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#anyURI

That's why I'd prefer any other of the alternative names proposed: state,
from, continue, or flow.

Cheers

Con