cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: [Vote] Move flow related "packages"
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 08:02:22 GMT

> From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
>
> On 3/07/2003 15:18 reinhard_poetz@gmx.net wrote:
>
> > As you probably read at my previous mail "[Flow] Status"
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105722900706900&w=2
> > there are 3 flow related "packages" which should go to the
> main trunk:
>
> Where in the 'main trunk'? Are we talking about blocks here?

Good question ...

I would add the JXTemplateGenerator/Transformer to the core. If we ever
decide to move the flow related stuff into its own block this would be
the best place. But we should move this discussion to the time after 2.1
is released because IIRC it is not so easy to move the flow into it's
own block because of its relations to the sitemap (but possible).

The Petstore could move to the flow examples.

About the JXForms I'm not sure at the moment. Of course it should go
into it's own block and IMO it would be best if they go into the
XMLForms block. This would not confuse our users and from a technical
point of view it is also correct because AFAIK JXForms are only a
wrapper to XMLForms to make it easier to use them from within your flow
scripts. And so the XMLForms action (probably it must be rewritten in
some parts) is still available for all people who have already used the
unreleased XMLForms or for people who do not want to rely on the flow.

What do you think?

Reinhard