cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: Flow Database stuff ( The new FOM? )
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:34:23 GMT

As mentioned it's a good thing if people with programming experiences
in other fields start with Cocoon and write documention because
you have another view on the things than we.

> The issue I am having right now is this one:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105612521608516&w=2

This issue should be solved by Chris. Please try the latest CVS
or Cocoon-2.1m3

> After I saw the recent activity on the FOM, I gave it a go,
> but waaayy over my head for now.
>
> Basically.. I have sitemap match a lookup time ticket form,
> which calls a JXForm (sitemap calls jxform function), then
> displays the results. ( I used the petstore sample to get me
> going.) The error happens if someone else logs in from
> another machine. and does the same action. The first person
> in gets cannot convert null to an object. Seems that the
> second user's database connection bumps the first one into
> nothingness.

See above.

> I tried to implement the change posted to the list, (In the
> above thread), but I must be mixed up about what has been
> changed in the cvs, because I got a nullpointer errors

The change posted in this thread was only a workaround but has
*not* solved the problem at its root!

> So I thought I would try to figure out what the best practice
> for this would be :)

Please be aware that within the next days some things (flow,
jxforms/xmlforms) could change which could have impacts on
your application.

HTH
Cheers,
Reinhard