cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject [Flow] Status
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2003 10:40:23 GMT

As promised here a summary of the current status.
So if somebody wants to take an issue feel free to change
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FinishingFlow.

If you know of any issues that can't be found on this list or
you think that the priority should be changed please let us know!

 Issues solved recently
 ----------------------
 - basic implementation of the FOM
   --> done

 - get e.g. request parameter "xyz" using
   cocoon.request.xyz
   --> done

 - implement getComponent( id )
   --> done

 - implement releaseComponent( component )
   --> done

 - implement load( script )
   --> done

 Issues to be solved until beta1 (14th)
 --------------------------------------

 - sendPage( "internalOnlyPipeline", bizData )
   --> Sylvain will take a look into it this weekend

 - discussion: Do we allow actions to wrap flow function calls
   --> started

 - BUG when requesting flow pages with JMeter (occurs only if
   FOM is used see
   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105714319527551&w=2

 - Implementation of the continuations object
   see http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FOM_Continuation
   --> open

 - all flow examples have to use the FOM
   --> open

 - move FOM to main trunk and make it the default flow
   implementation
   --> open

 - move Petstore to main trunk (and use FOM)
   --> open

 - move JXForms to main trunk (and use FOM)
   --> open

 - Linotype has to use FOM
   --> open

 - move the JXTemplateGenerator to main trunk (and use FOM)
   --> open

 - votings
   --> Reinhard (I'll start them ASAP I'm only waiting for Sylvains RT
;-)

 - test continuations expiration
   There has been a mail that there are some problems with it.
   --> open

 Issues to be solved until release
 ---------------------------------

 - legacy.js
   provide access to input modules and actions using
   loadLegacyFunctions()
   (IMO: not absolutly necessary for the 14th but for
    release)
   --> open

 - reorganize the docs and give the flow a more prominent
   position
   --> open

 Issues to be solved until release (nice to have)

 - raise exception if component is unreleased
   (not absolutly necessary for the 14th!)
   --> open

 Issues for Cocoon 2.1.1 (or so)
 -------------------------------

 - synch rhino-continuations with Rhino\\
   (GR)''The current Rhino version is an old development one.
   Porting the continuation engine to the last version it's not
   an easy task, but should be pretty high priority oon the list.
   See
[http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=105637688900023&r=1&w=2&n=13]''\\
   --> GR, CO

 - automagical lookup and release of stateful components
   in flows with continuations support

   function myFlow() {
      var c = cocoon.getComponent( "blabla" );
      c.doSomething();
      sendPageAndWait(...):
      c.doSomethingElse();
      sendPage();