cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject CastorTransformer and CastorSourceConverter
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 06:19:42 GMT

In the scratchpad we have a CastorTransformer. I'm not sure but I think
that it is a rather long time there. Is it in use and stable and is it
time to move it in the main trunk or can we remove it.

I also found a CastorSourceConverter in the portal framework. What are
the differences? Can they be unified?

Cheers,
Reinhard

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Edwards [mailto:TEdwards@civica.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 1:16 AM
To: 'users@cocoon.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Beans as input for cocoon

I'm using the Castor transformer to convert a large, nasty bean into xml
and then into HTML/PDF.
It works really well, seems fast (the slowest bit is the bean accessing
the database to get its data) and best of all it manages to convert all
ArrayLists and other complex types.
I initially use an XSP action to instantiate the bean and connect to the
datasource and populate the bean, then I pass this though the Castor
Transformer. I use the same mapping file that comes with the example
because the bean is so huge it would take too long to even come up with
a mapping file but Castor ignores all mappings it can't find or aren't
there and outputs elements based on the Bean field names. Excellent!
Tony