cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <>
Subject RE: Help a newbie compiling
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 06:00:05 GMT

From: Andreas Hochsteger
> Hi Mike!
> I didn't use cocoon in eclipse by myself, but there is some
> documentation on the cocoon wiki but I fear that it doesn't
> cover your
> deployment question:
> (related to Lenya)

> Perhaps it may be helpful to change the build output directory within
> eclipse directly to .../webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/classes of your servlet

> container. But this is just a wild guess which I've not tried yet.

Exactly. I make my builds this way. So you don't need any JARs. Be
careful because classes have a higher priority than JARs but if
you delete a class the classloader may find it in the JARs.

I'll try to improve this but haven't had enough time yet.

> You could also do a serach on the mailing list archive:

> Bye,
> 	Andreas

> Miguel Griffa wrote:
> > I have a latest CVS version of cocoon in eclipse, I'd like to know:
> >
> > - if I can really compile all cocoon from eclipse (not calling an
> > task)

> > - how can I deploy the compiled by eclipse binaries (I mean, how can
> > pack to use what I build with eclipse, once I get to)

see above (you don't need JAR for development) - to create a production
version of my projects I always use ant to create the necessary JARs and

> > I'm sorry I'm kindda confused, any pointer to docs on this would be
> > appreciated:

see above (Andreas gives some good pointers)

> > Mike
> >
> > PS already did ant eclipse-project

View raw message