cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Less is More, Finite State Machines and Balkanization
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:58:30 GMT

> From: Hunsberger, Peter [mailto:Peter.Hunsberger@stjude.org]
> > Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
> > > As I discussed with you when the flow sitemap integration
> > discussions
> > > where in full swing I do have a long term agenda (XSLT
> > managed flow)
> > > and I would like to see a way of including it in Cocoon without
> > > breaking existing functionality...
> >
> > This is the wrong approach.
> >
> > Peter, you don't want XSLT managed flow. What you want is a
> > solution to the problem that you have decided that XSLT
> > managed flow is a
> > solution for. (Did you follow me there?)
> >

> I don't know why you presume to know what we want?  It's not
> XSLT based flow specifically

OK, my mistake. I assumed you wanted a solution to your problem,
and since you said you wanted XSLT based flow (your long term agenda)
I assume that was what you wanted.

My point was that the proposals in general shouldn't be "I want *this*
solution" but rather "I want a solution that can solve *this*".

I was trying to present your request in a different form - that the
important thing wasn't the adoption of a specific solution, but the
solution of a specific problem.

/LS