cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject RE: Unresolved bugs with patches
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 06:57:30 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le Mardi, 3 juin 2003, à 08:06 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
> > ...I think this is plain simple - as long as noone of the committers
> > has
> > time for it and has fun in doing so, nothing will happen....
> Yes, but I think Joerg has a point too:  more comments on bugzilla
> could help people understand why their bugs or patches are not (yet)
> processed.
Of course.

> I'd suggest that committers looking at bugs be more explicit when they
> see a good reason not to process a particular bug.
> "I'm going to the movies now" wouldn't be classified as a good reason
> though, we can remain silent in such cases ;-)

And that's - I guess - the case, although entering "I'm going to the movies
now" into bugzilla...hmmm...

> I'm talking "on average" of course, people have been doing this
> already, it's just that we might want to do more of it.

Agreed - And I really think the last weeks showed a much better way of
handling bugs/patches than six month ago.

My point is, sending every three days an email to the list, saying
"there are too many open patches/bugs" doesn't really help or motivate.

View raw message