cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Howard" <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject RE: [proposal] kill xml-cocoon2 (WAS: FW: I may be wrong but...)
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:46:14 GMT

Ah, I thought it was symlinked to 2.1 and not working.  Ok, then
maybe we just need to question the wisdom of silently linking
people to a very pre-alpha stuck in time version of 2.1-dev.

> >and did a cvs checkout of HEAD thinking he was getting 2.1m3-dev.
> >
> >Can we do something more drastic to the xml-cocoon2 repository that would
> >prevent people from making this innocent mistake?  What about removing
> >everything except a README.TXT or something?
>
> I hope you really mean: remove symlink, create cvs repo, have just
> README in it.

Yes, something like that.  I don't care exactly what, and didn't mean to
destroy the past repository beyond recovery.  The problem is that people buy
a book or read a tutorial online somewhere that instructs them to use
xml-cocoon2 and they do, and silently get neither 2.0.x or 2.1.x, but 2.1
as it existed on the day historical was created which had a broken build
among other problems.

Geoff