cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: XMLForm repeat tag power! ?
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:44:29 GMT

On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 08:40 AM, Jeroen Cranendonk wrote:

<snip/>

> Firstly, I've seen the samples in cvs that use the repeat tag, from
> what I
> see you reference a field
> in the model/bean that returns a List, does this have to be a List, or
> would
> any Set or Collection do ?
> what's the datatype that this thing expects ? :)

I have used it successfully with a Set:

public class Coverage {

	private Long id;
	private String name;
	private String description;
	private Coverage parent;
	private Set children; // of type Coverage //
	private Type type;

	// snip //

}

> Secondly, and this is the important bit! Could this List also be a
> list of
> beans, and if it is, can we inside
> the repeat tag reference fields of these beans ?
> And if we can, how would this look , can someone post an example of
> how the
> repeat tag and it's contents would look in such a case ?

here's the main Bean:

     <xf:output ref="/name">
       <xf:label>Name</xf:label>
     </xf:output>

here's the 'parent' Composite Bean :

    <xf:output ref="/parent/name">
       <xf:label>Parent</xf:label>
     </xf:output>

Here are the 'sibling' Composite Beans :

     <xf:group ref="/parent/children">
       <xf:label>Siblings</xf:label>
       <xf:repeat nodeset="name">
         <xf:output ref="."/>
       </xf:repeat>
     </xf:group>

Here are the 'children'  Composite Beans :

     <xf:group ref="/children">
       <xf:label>Children</xf:label>
       <xf:repeat nodeset="name">
         <xf:output ref="."/>
       </xf:repeat>
     </xf:group>

Here are the 'grand children'  Composite Beans :

     <xf:group ref="/children">
       <xf:label>Grand Children</xf:label>
       <xf:repeat nodeset="children">
          <xf:output ref="name"/>