cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: my first flow.app
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:43:34 GMT

On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 05:16 PM, Ugo Cei wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> But what is the best way to provide your own 'business logic classes'
>>  with a way to log via Cocoon's logging mechanisms (ie. output to the
>>  Flow.log).
>
> You could either make your classes into Avalon components implementing
> LogEnabled, but I wouldn't really want to do that for "lightweight"
> classes. But maybe you could just implement
> org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.LogEnabled and call the
> enableLogging method from the flow, without having their entire
> lifecycle managed by the component manager (ECM or whatever).
>
> 	Hope this helps,

Thanks, it did!

It made me realise I had an existing object (HibernateFactory) that is
a component, extending AbstractLogEnabled, and all I had to do was call
getLogger() to pass to my lightweight classes to use. I just did not
realise what the AbstractLogEnabled signified.

It works.

Thanks.

regards Jeremy