cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Arjé Cahn <A...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: TidySerializer
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 15:05:38 GMT
I'm using the TidyUI standalone from the Tidy sourceforge community (http://tidy.sourceforge.net/),
which is very good, but the JTidy port has been abandoned - how awfull!

But "the namespace problem" - that was one of my reasons, too.

When should one use the TidySerializer?
---------------------------------------
1) As a fix for the "the namespace problem"
2) When human-readable HTML output is needed
3) To validate the output to a dtd

--> otherwise, use the HTMLSerializer

I *am* a little worried about the fact that the JTidy community has died; we'll miss their
backup. But I do think the TidySerializer is good think next to the traditional HTMLSerializer,
because Tidy does things to you HTML that might leave it in a non-machine-readable state.

For example; we're running CHTML pages (i-mode) live from Cocoon, and those damn i-mode browsers
won't take code that isn't aligned to the left (aargh?!).

Bruno?

Regards,
Arje Cahn