cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject RE: [Flow] getComponent(id) implementation
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:37:52 GMT
At 05:27 AM 6/27/2003, Carsten wrote:
>Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> >
> > The Cocoon object of the FOM has the method
> >
> >   Component getComponent(id)
> >
> > It should return any component but no sitemap components. This means we
> > only return components defined in the roles file(s). How can we check if
> > it is an "allowed" component?
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
>I think the simplest solution is to use the correct component manager
>that holds only the components configured in roles/cocoon.xconf. This
>is the component manager of the o.a.c.Cocoon object.
>Each sitemap as its own component manager for the sitemap component,
>they are linked in a hierarchy to the above mentioned one.

Do we want to force people to edit cocoon.xconf to call their own business
components from the flow?  I thought Stefano proposed checking for
SitemapModelComponent and disallowing it?  Would that prevent looking up
a transformer, but allow looking up a legitimate component defined in
map:components?

I'm still wanting to enable people (me!) to reuse action _code_ (not the
contract) with little re-coding of the original class file where not
necessary.  If that can't be done in a clean way that doesn't invite abuse
then so be it, but I think it's worth trying for.

Geoff