cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Syncing rhino
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:30:22 GMT
At 01:00 PM 6/24/2003, Gianugo wrote:
>Christopher Oliver wrote:
>>>OK... I spent some more time with the code and did some steps forward.
>>>Now, unfortunately, I'm stuck due to my ignorance: any further step
>>>would be just a wild bet from my part, and it would take me a lot of
>>>time to get acquainted with all the technologies involved (core
>>>javascript and hard-core continuation inners).
>>>
>>>Let's see if we can strike a deal, while we try to find a better
>>>solution with the Rhino guys (something that ATM seems unlikely to me,
>>>given also that they are in RC phase):
>>
>>If we integrate the continuations code with the current rhino cvs, I'm
>>pretty sure Norris will commit it for us. But AFAIK that's not going to
>>be easy.
>
>This is good news. I understand that it's very difficult, but I hope that
>it might be easier than you think, and I hope I can somehow help you in
>that. Anyway, given that you are the only one showing some interest, I'm
>starting to think that I'm just being paranoid...

You are not being paranoid.  I have been uneasy about the forked rhino code
but  have kept quiet because I'm such a junior member of this community,
because I personally did not feel able (time or knowledge wise) to help fix
the situation, and because I am so behind on really understanding flow and
continuations.  But I think the longer we go on building on this sand the
more trouble we will be in when the inevitable happens.  I for one am
reading every word you two write.

Geoff Howard