cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [Flow] getComponent(id) implementation
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:47:41 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>

>>The Cocoon object of the FOM has the method
>>
>>  Component getComponent(id)
>>
>>It should return any component but no sitemap components. This means we
>>only return components defined in the roles file(s). How can we check if
>>it is an "allowed" component?
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>

>I think the simplest solution is to use the correct component manager that holds only
the components configured in roles/cocoon.xconf. This is the component manager of the o.a.c.Cocoon
object.
>Each sitemap as its own component manager for the sitemap component, they are linked in
a hierarchy to the above mentioned one.

Sorry if I missed something (was offline for several days -- lots of
emails to read), but why is it necessary to make a distinction between
sitemap components and other components ?

What could be the possible use of e.g. a transformer in a flowscript ? I
can't see one... So why build complicated fences to prevent something
that is IMO doesn't even make sense ?

Furthermore, and this is what triggered this answer, restricting
getComponent() to the top-level CM goes strongly against the upcoming
blocks and the fact that <map:components> is nothing but a regular
.xconf declaration.

Sylvain