cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Syncing rhino
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:00:47 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:
>> OK... I spent some more time with the code and did some steps forward.
>> Now, unfortunately, I'm stuck due to my ignorance: any further step
>> would be just a wild bet from my part, and it would take me a lot of
>> time to get acquainted with all the technologies involved (core
>> javascript and hard-core continuation inners).
>>
>> Let's see if we can strike a deal, while we try to find a better
>> solution with the Rhino guys (something that ATM seems unlikely to me,
>> given also that they are in RC phase):
>

> If we integrate the continuations code with the current rhino cvs, I'm
> pretty sure Norris will commit it for us. But AFAIK that's not going to
> be easy.

This is good news. I understand that it's very difficult, but I hope
that it might be easier than you think, and I hope I can somehow help
you in that. Anyway, given that you are the only one showing some
interest, I'm starting to think that I'm just being paranoid...

Sent: fire at will.

>> 2. I'm willing to set up some kind of monitoring system that will
>> update the Rhino CVS regularily and try to apply the required patches
>> (think FreeBSD ports), possibly running some unit tests to spot
>> regressions (I'll start right away bugging the Gump gurus :-));
>

> I don't think we want to do this.

If there is a choice, surely not. But if we manage to put the code back
in sync *and* Mozilla refuses to make it part of its CVS, we will need a
way to understand soon that something is breaking the precious
continuation code.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino