cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: commit access on Cocoon for sub project committers
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:19:35 GMT
On 24/06/2003 10:02 Michael Wechner wrote:

>> and here. If people are already committers for a sub project, there is
>> no problem if they (or their community) ask for committer access on
>> Cocoon. Similar like Cocoon/Excalibur.
>>
>> Cocoon committers don't have commit access on the sub projects, do they?
>

> AFAIK they do

They do. Here's our avail settings:

avail|stefano,balld,ricardo,rubys,ben,zvia,giacomo,gears,bmclaugh,bloritsch,rossb,jeremy,greenrd,dims,ssahuc,prussell,cziegeler,mman,sylvain,vgritsenko,haul,morrijr,crossley,ovidiu,tcurdt,gianugo,froehlich,huber,dirkx,butlermh,nicolaken,ivelin,kpiroumian,shannon,proyal,stephan,coliver,crafterm,acoliver,stevenn,bdelacretaz,mlangham,michaelm,jefft,pier,bruno,asavory,ghoward,andreas,alexmcl,egli,gregor,michi,edith,felix,liyanage,memo,thorsten,joerg,upayavira|xml-site,xml-commons,cocoon-1,cocoon-2-historical,cocoon-2.0,cocoon-2.1,cocoon-lenya,cocoon-site,avalon-excalibur,avalon-sandbox

So Lenya peeps have access to ours, and we have access to theirs.

The fact that it has been set up that way doesn't reflect any policy, it
was just the guy who set it up who fancied this would be a decent setup.
I find it reasonable as well. We are supposed to review commit messages
anyhow, and it seems like a nice way to warn people they should think
twice before bringing on new subprojects or committers.

IMHO, XML and Jakarta are impenetrable forests of projects because of
overcompartimentalisation and putting large walls between cubicles.

If anyone wants to see this changed, please speak up.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org